- Polish a bronze moon-disc, see yourself reborn through Egyptian eyes.
- Marvel at how the shape of your ears resembles handles of a porcelain cup.
- Recall night swimming — the first time tight-laced limbs learned
buoyancy in the dark.
- End the day on a sleigh bed for adventure while dreaming, dip sheet corners in jet
— trace arrows, fire, and flowers on your wrists instead of scars.
- Share it with someone worthy, yet err on the side of orgasm.
- Forgive its trespasses & those who have trespassed against it. Know temptation
lives in your shoulder’s cup.
- Adorn it with pattern, ink, & polish — stud it with jewels & millinery.
- Grow a crown of silver.
- Let your hands be raven-winged, the wood thrush play your throat like a harp.
- Honor wildness — raise the ocean in your blood.
- Remember the stars in your veins, your plumed ribcage.
- Remember you are a rare bird.
Note: arrows, fire, and flowers taken from Pablo Neruda’s poem “La Poesía”